In this episode Christy and Guest discuss:
- Parenting sucks but it’s worth it
- Being aware of your own childhood traumas
- Why parenting sucks the life force out of us
- Parenting actually does suck because it demands our time, energy or sleep or money, and resources. It can suck us, but it’s worth it.
- It’s easy to let your past experiences dictate how you act in the future. Without making yourself aware of how your parents made you feel, you would probably make the same mistakes as they did.
- Parenting can suck the life force out of us because we get caught up in our own stuff. Your parents wanted the best for you, but it was their version that they wanted to push in your life. Let your children feel their way into what they want, that’s how you know what’s best for them.
“It’s our job to guide them but they have to be able to feel their way into what’s best for them. That’s how you know what’s best for them.” – Christy Whitman
Get The Desire Factor Book at https://thedesirefactor.com/
Connect with Christy Whitman:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.