What is the difference between a resolution and a goal? I find that most people are focused on what they want to get rid of as a resolution. It keeps us focused on what we don’t want whereas goals keep us focused on what we do want. With goals you can create a plan so you can achieve it and that is different than an intention.
So how does goal-making fit in with the Law of Attraction and Intention? When you set an intention of what you want to create, a goal gives you a plan to get there. When you apply the Law of Attraction you get in alignment with what your goal is, feel yourself creating it, and then take the action steps to move towards it. Some people have mentioned to me, “When you create a goal you are focused on the how, and with Law of Attraction you shouldn’t focus on the how.” I tell clients to make an action plan from what you know the steps to be, but be open if the steps change or if you are inspired to take a different step. Here are steps you can take to work with the Law of Attraction and create the goal you want to achieve:
1. Set a “specific” goal. What do you want? Get really clear on this goal. If it is to attract an amount of money, how much? If it is to attract your ideal partner, what are the qualities and characteristics? Get specific.
2. Why do you want it? What is the purpose of this goal? What is the purpose for you achieving it? When you contemplate this, it activates the vibration of what you desire and the Law of Attraction starts to bring it to you, provided you are in the positive expectation of receiving it.
3. List other people that can help you. How can you help them as well? (Network) We are all here to support and help one another. Those that achieve their goals rely on others to support and help them. If you feel you have to do things alone, look at your beliefs about beings supported or being able to trust others. I couldn’t have created the majority of what I have if I had to do it all alone. To support and be supported by others is one of the secrets to having an abundant mentality.
4. Create your plan. What do you have to do? What steps do you need to take? Think with the end in mind. In order to create your goal, think about it from already achieving it and then work your way backward. For example, if you want to write a book you now have the book in your hands. What was the last step you took before having that book in your hands? The certified law of attraction coaches can help you create a plan during your sessions. You can request a session for free with one of the coaches by going here: http://christywhitman.com/QSCA/loacoaching/
5. Think about obstacles that could come up and then find solutions. Most people don’t think about goals in this way or even want to consider the possible obstacles, because then they would activate that vibration. I do not want you to stay focused on the obstacles, I just want you to be aware of them and then think about a possible solution. For example, when I wanted to release the baby weight from when I was pregnant with Alex, one of the obstacles was that my husband has a sweet tooth and likes to have chocolate in the house. When I would see it, I would want to eat it. And I did. That was an obstacle for me. So my solution was to buy him a lock box that he put downstairs in the basement. I did not see it and then did not think of eating it. He was still able to eat his chocolate when he wanted it, because I did not eat all of it. When you focus on the solution, that vibration is activated. When obstacles come up, you can then shift really quickly into what the solution is so that you don’t stay stuck on the problem.
6. Take action right now! What do I need to do right now to get started? Build momentum. We are in a physical universe, so even though you are applying universal principles, we still need to take action in this world. Think of six things you can do per day to move toward your goals and do them. This will help you gain momentum and before you know it, you will have achieved your goal.
7. Evaluate your progress and then adjust when needed. Focus on the progress and not perfection. When something happens, correct and continue. No one and no path is perfect. But a true deliberate creator adjusts and continues moving in the direction he or she wants to go.